Thursday, June 17, 2010

5ive


Even if you have been huddled under a rock on the outskirts of Chula Vista.. (cha who?) you have heard that the Lakers and Kobe Bryant have one the finals. Making number 5 for Kobe and firing the conversations for comparison to the great Michael Jordan. While his accomplishments increase and the list of people who dislike Mr. Bryant grows, nothing complements greatness other than rings. Something Coach Phil Jackson may know something about improving to 48-0 when winning game 1 of a series.

While I rooted for the Celtics in these finals which were down to the wire as I expected, Kobe has proven to me that he is a phenomenal basketball player. While many may say he is the heir apparent to be the "next MJ," something I cannot seem to agree with, he has given me reason to see him succeed. Proving time and time again his greatness by making impossible shot after impossible shot against the hard-nosed Celtic's defense. Despite going 6-24 from the field, Bryant was able to lead his team and overcome the deficit to beat the Celtics for back to back finals victories. So I would like to congratulate Kobe Bryant and the Fakers, I mean Lakers on their championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment